"Knowledge is learning something new every day."

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Ending the Respiratory System with a Current Event about the Main Organ and more Data/Statistics


ENDING THE RESPIRATORY SYSTEM!? WHAT DO YOU MEAN!? 

What I mean by this is that this is my last blog about the respiratory system. Yes, I am sad as well, but it is okay because life goes on.

We saw some interesting statistics and data with an ongoing research about the respiratory system yesterday. Today, we are going to look at a current event about the main organ of the respiratory system and some more interesting data and statistics.


This current event that I found talks about the major organ in the respiratory system, which is the lungs. The function of the lungs is to deliver oxygen and to remove carbon dioxide from your blood ("BBC Science & Nature"). The current event talks about the lung's network of airways, exchanging gases, and breathing. 


Your lungs are like a pair of large sponge-like organs that almost fill your chest cavity ("BBC Science & Nature"). Basically, this current event is talking about how our respiratory system functions. This is almost like my first and second blog, but more descriptive. This current event also talks about our breathing system. When you inhale, your breathing muscles contract, or tightens, which expands your ribs ("BBC Science & Nature"). I feel my chest rising and my diaphragm tightening when I inhale. When you exhale, your muscles relax ("BBC Science & Nature").  I feel my chest lowering and my muscles relaxing when I exhale. 

Since this is my last blog, I am going to give you more data and statistics on the respiratory system.


Did you know that we lose half a liter of water a day through breathing? ("Respiratory - Amazing Facts")


Also, did you know that the breathing rate is faster in children and women than in men? ("Respiratory - Amazing Facts")

Since we are at the end of the respiratory system, did you enjoy the way that I taught you? Did you learn anything out of my blogs? If so, what did you learn? What do you think about my blog? Does it need any improvement? Leave your questions and/or comments below and I will get to it as soon as I can!

Like I said earlier, this is my last blog about the respiratory system. Thank you very much for reading my blogs! I really appreciate it! Hopefully I make another blog later on in the future. I will be looking back at this blog to view the comments! Thank you again, and I hope you learned something about the respiratory system, whether it is something minor or major!


Works Cited:

"BBC Science & Nature - Human Body and Mind - Organ Layer." BBC - Homepage. N.p., n.d. 

Web. 26 Mar. 2013. 

<http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/body/factfiles/lungs/lungs.shtml>.

"Respiratory - Amazing Facts."District_Homepage_Index. N.p., n.d. Web. 25 Mar. 2013. 

<http://warriors.warren.k12.il.us/dburke/amazingfactsrespiratory.htm>.

No comments:

Post a Comment